Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kate is Tyler Durden


I think that Kate might be my own personal Tyler Durden.

People call me in response to emails that Kate has sent them. Attendees email Kate when I'm listed as the contact person on the registration site. Some people even tell Kate something and then are puzzled when I do not know that same information. Is Kate actually Tyler Durden and I am Edward Norton? Or am I Tyler Durden?

The only problem with this theory is that neither of us are a neo-Luddite, a nihilist or even anarcho-primitivist. And we don't usually have a hatred for consumer culture. I get really irked with excessive amounts of packaging that are just going to sit in a landfill, but I'm pretty sure that's not the same thing. And really, we're both big fans of technology ... so we can't be neo-Luddites. So maybe neither one of us are Tyler Durden.

But that doesn't mean that she's not imaginary and that we're not the same person. She IS good at everything that I'm not good at. And she IS tall (something I always wanted to be). So ... maybe she IS imaginary ... I mean ... I don't know anything that Kate knows but everyone seems to think that I should ... if that makes any sense at all ... or maybe I'm just punchy. It is 4 o'clock ...
~ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment