The first Saturday in May is perfect for celebrating the Kentucky Derby with your friends and family. Here are some simple ideas to make your event fabulous:
- First call Planning Factory International to create your Derby Experience with signature decor and props, food & beverage menus, themed activities and entertainment.
- Create a Race Day Program. Use horse racing terms to outline your party details.
- Remind your guests to dress the part- Top hats, skimmers and derbys for the men and large garden party hats for the ladies (the bigger the better!).
- Encourage good-natured betting without exchanging money. Offer prizes to the winners (like your table centerpieces after the event). Or make it simple and put all the Derby horses' names in a cup, each guest pulls a name until someone pulls the winner- provide a small prize like a chocolate horseshoe or roses.
- Complete the party with time-honored Kentucky favorites like barbecue, fried chicken and of course Mint Juleps.